It has been a well-established fact that israel is regarded as one of the most advanced nations in terms of high-tech and medicine. Israelis of varies age groups, social status, and financial abilities equally benefit from all the latest in these fields. A few years ago, Israel became a front-runner when it comes to importing and exporting the knowledge to those in need. The field of rehabilitation is another area that received a real boost due to numerous instances of terror in the region. Individualized treatment intended to help victims recover physically cognitively and psychologically not only short-term but long-term as well is an achievement that Israeli medicine extremely proud of.
This experience and cumulative knowledge is now available for those seeking efficient recovery after stroke, spinal cord and traumatic brain injuries from all over the world.
Reuth - Rebuilding lives!
Reuth, a leading Israeli rehabilitation center, was founded in Tel Aviv in 1961 by the non-profit organization bearing the same name. Originally, the center was intended for chronically ill patients. For many years, the center was the only one of its kind in Israel.
Currently, Reuth has matured into a modern state-of-the-art medical and rehabilitation center with 350 beds and which serves about 1500 patients a year. Reuth possesses JCI accreditation and serves as one of the basic clinics of Tel Aviv University medical school. It is actively involved in clinical trials testing the latest Israeli inventions in the field of rehabilitation. It accepts patients requiring rehabilitation after various illnesses and injuries as well as providing treatment for and professional care of chronically ill patients. Reuth has the oldest and largest respiratory department for long-term mechanical ventilation in Israel. Reuth is unique in providing a specialized department for treatment of patients who require long-term ventilation due to chronic lung disease and progressive neuromuscular diseases (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, etc.). The department is designed to accommodate both adults and children.
Usually, rehabilitation abroad involves living inside the rehabilitation clinic. For its ambulatory patients Reuth provides a possibility of living outside, arriving to the center only for the treatments. This enables patients to lead a freer lifestyle and enjoy the beauty of Israel.
Key areas of rehabilitation at Reuth
- Neurologic (after stroke, brain injury, neurosurgery, or for patients who are comatose and/or in vegetative states)
- Spinal (after operations and injuries of the spine and spinal cord)
- Orthopedic (after fractures or amputation, joint replacement operations, including prosthetics; after burns)
And other areas
- Treatment and professional care for patients requiring long-term mechanical ventilation
- Professional care for chronic patients of all ages
- Treatment of chronic ulcers after surgery
- Treatment of wounds of different etiologies
- Treatment of chronic pain
- Recovery of impaired sexual function
Comprehensive recovery program at Reuth includes both physiological and cognitive rehabilitation. The entire process is rather lengthy, with the goal – to significantly improve the quality of life, maximize and optimize all the motor, speech, and cognitive functions damaged, and ultimately – provide independence and functionality.
Reuth’s medical experts include:
- Physicians specializing in rehabilitation
- Experts in the fields of neurology, orthopedics, geriatrics, respiratory medicine
- Nursing staff specifically trained in rehabilitation and geriatric care
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech therapists
- Pet therapists
- Experts in alternative medicine (acupuncture, shiatsu, yoga, etc.)
- Social workers